How To Capture Spectre Size Data For Calibration
Objective: Collect and store apple bin image data, to allow the Spectre team to validate and improve the size estimation process for various varieties.
Options for apple bin sets to prepare for scanning:
- Pull aside a set of 10 - 60 red apple bins that can be graded together to produce a single report
- If Option 1 is not possible, prepare an entire lot/grader run for scanning
Steps to capture the images with the correct data allocation:
- Open Spectre Group
- Click Create a group
- Select the correct apple bin dimensions, pre-loaded into Spectre
- Select the correct variety
- Select the correct lot
- Select the correct block (if applicable)
- Type ‘Size Calibration 1’ in the TruckID field, the next set would be 'Size Calibration 2', and so on...
- Capture the apple bin images, one at a time. Note that there is a maximum of 30 images per group. If the set of bins pulled aside exceeds 30, another group(s) will be required.
- Upload the group
- Review the group in ‘Today’s Results’ to ensure that the images were successfully processed (optional for well practiced users)
Providing the grader data for the set of images:
- Commit the set of apple bins captured into the grading machine
- Produce a grader report, that clearly outlines in terms of pieces, the color and size grades seen in the set of apple bins
- Inform (Jason - for NY or Elizabeth - for WA) & Luke once this information has been captured
Thank you for joining us on the journey to building the world's most user friendly fruit quality estimation tool!