Initialize The GoPro Hero 8 For Scanning
In this article, you'll learn how to initialize the GoPro Hero 8 camera. This step only needs to be completed once for a given iPad or iPhone device. Once complete, you'll be able to use a GoPro Hero 8 camera to record truck top videos of fruit bins passing by, onto the iPad or iPhone device.
1 - First up, GoPro App Install steps.
- Install GoPro App (GoPro Quik: Video Editor) from the App store.
1.1 - Pick up your camera:
- Power on your camera
- Open the utility drawer by swiping from the top to the bottom of the touch display, then select "Preferences."
- Select "Connections" and then tap on "Connect Device."- Tap on "GoPro Quik" to put your camera in pairing mode.
- At this point, you can tap on the "i" icon in the top right corner to see your Camera name (SSID) and password.
1.2 - Open GoPro Quik:
- Ensure that that device's Bluetooth is enabled.
- Select the Camera logo at the bottom left corner of the app and it will automatically begin scanning for your camera
- You should see "We Found Your GoPro" and a blue "Connect" button. Tap on connect.
- You will see a section to change your camera's name (SSID), or you can tap on the bottom button to leave the name as it is.
- You're all set! Do not turn on the Live Preview on the GoPro Quik App.
If you so happen to enter the GoPro Quik App. Don't worry, delete/forget the GoPro camera from the iPad/iPhone wifi setting page by following Step 6 in this article: Spectre Top Down FAQs
2 - Enter the Spectre Settings page, click 'Setting's on the bottom right menu
3 - Enter 'Camera Settings' and click the add button on the top right '+'
4 - Type the relevant information for the camera configuration into the fields and Click 'Add >'
- Name: This can be a name of your choice to view the camera in the settings page. For example: 'Warehouse GP'
- Bluetooth name: This ID can be found in the settings page through the iPad or iPhone. Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on at all times.
- SSID: This is the GoPro's dedicated Wifi name (not your main Wifi network).
Simply turn on the GoPro -> Swipe down on the screen -> Preferences -> Connections -> Connect Device -> GoPro App -> Tap on the top-right icon -> Camera name (use this name for the SSID)
- Password: This is simply the password displayed on the same screen where we retrieved the SSID from the previous step.
5 - Select the newly created camera in the 'Camera Settings' Page.
The default 'Device camera' option should NOT be selected. If you select 'Device camera', Spectre will revert temporarily to the single image capture for fruit estimation, as opposed to connecting to the external camera for truck top scans.
6 - Enter the Spectre Group creation flow to scan your first truck video!