Creating a Task in Scout
How to create a Task in Scout.
Scout allows your Staff to create, assign, and describe a task for themselves or any member of their team. When you create a task – photos can be attached to the task and the location can be GPS pinpointed for easy finding. Tasks can be marked as complete so you can keep track of what work has been done. For example: If I come across a broken fencepost in the orchard, I'd record that using Scout as a Task that needs completing and assign that to the chief fence fixer. When our chief fence fixer has fixed the fence, they can mark it as done on Scout.
Let's have a look at how we create a task in Scout!
Creating a Task on the App
Head to the Scout Module:
- Click the menu icon
- Click Scout
If you don't see this module you may need to activate it. Check out how to set up modules here
You'll be taken to the My Tasks page. Here is where you'll be able to view all tasks that are assigned to you. To create a new task:
- Click the + icon in the bottom right
- Choose the Category of task (1)
Swipe left on categories to see more options.
Next you'll see options to select for:
- Type of task / issue - Type (2)
- Actions to take out - Job (3)
- Click Select Location (4)
- Choose Location of the task. Try to be as specific as possible.
- Click Add Location
- Click Assign User to assign the task to someone
- Scroll through to find the person you want to assign the task by checking under the tabs at the top of the page:
- Search directly for their name using the search bar at the top of the page
- Click their name
- Click Send email notification to user if you want the person to get an email notification about the new task.
- Check Location is correct (1)
- Check Assigned User is correct (2)
- Optional Click comment box to add any Comments
- Optional Click Photos to take a photo of the reported issue
- Click Create Task