Using the Check In Module
The Hectre Check In module allows workers to clock themselves in and out from a designated device running the Hectre app. This solution works great for more low-touch crews and packhouses and usually involves an iPad connected to power, and mounted to some type of stand. Employee's approach the iPad, and typically scan their Hectre ID badge to clock in or out (can be used without badges too). Think of it as a modernized solution to a timesheet punch card!
Below are the details on using the Check in module of Hectre, and what you'll need to do to get your iPad set up in "Guided Access" mode which doesn't allow a user to exit out of the Hectre app unless you enter a password.
- Part 1 - Setting up your iPad
- Part 2 - Setting up your Hectre App
Video followed by written instructions
Part 1 - Setting up your iPad
Putting your iPad into "Guided Access" mode.
In your iPad go to:
- Guided Access
- Toggle Guided Access On
- Click Passcode Settings to create a 6-digit passcode for the iPad
Part 2 - Setting up your Hectre App
- Head to Check In module
- Click on Admin
- Select Password Protected
Password Protected means if you need to enter your Hectre password to enter any part of Hectre other than the Check In module.
Set your preferences for the Check In module
- Choose Job workers will be clocked in to
- OR click Select job type after check in to leave that choice to the worker
- Choose Location workers will be clocked in to
- OR click Select location after check in to leave that choice to the worker
- Click Allow Scanning Sign In for workers with Hectre employee badges
- OR click Allow Manual Sign In if you don't have badges
Once you're preferences are set, you're ready to rock-and-roll! Make sure your iPad being used to clock staff in and out is connected to a constant power source, and connects to the internet if not constantly, than at least once per day so that all timesheets will be available to view on the Hectre dashboard and other Hectre apps.